About Tassie 5
Visit Tasmania’s diverse national parks and wild places over five days. Starting on Tasmania’s East Coast, explore the stunning beaches of Freycinet National Park, Wineglass Bay, and the Bay of Fires. Discover the world-class alpine landscapes and wildlife at Cradle Mountain and the rainforests of the wild West Coast. Our eco-certified small group tour is best suited to guests with a moderate fitness level so you can enjoy the superb walks on offer.
Experiencing Tasmania’s Nature and Wildlife.
- Accommodation for 4 nights
- Guided commentary
- Guided walks and free walking options
- National Park entry fees
- Pick-ups and drop-offs at selected Hobart CBD locations
- Airport drop off available upon request
- Freycinet National Park, Wineglass Bay, Cape Tourville
- Bay of Fires, St Helens, Bicheno, St Columba Falls
- Cradle Mountain, Sheffield, Launceston, Cataract Gorge
- Tarkine Rainforest, Montezuma Falls, Henty Dunes, Strahan
- Queenstown, Lake St Clair, Russell Falls, Mount Field National Park
- Advanced Eco-Certified Tour
- This tour departs Sundays and Tuesdays (October to April)
- Starts Hobart 7.30am
- Finishes Hobart 5.30pm
Additional activity options available (at own expense):
- Gordon River Cruise
HOBART TO FREYCINET NATIONAL PARK
Depart Hobart/nipaluna and venture north along the Great Eastern Drive. The highlight today is Tassie’s East Coast jewel, Freycinet National Park. Walk to the famous Wineglass Bay Lookout or down to the curved white sand beach. Or, you may want to try the challenging Mt Amos walk. The views of the pink granite Hazards mountains from Cape Tourville will complete your Freycinet experience. Tonight we’ll stay in the charming coastal town of Bicheno, where little penguins emerge from the sea at night time.
BICHENO TO LAUNCESTON
From Bicheno we travel north to the incredible Bay of Fires/larapuna. This is a place of pristine beauty and significance to Tasmanian aboriginal people/palawa. Explore the coastline of white sands, vivid orange boulders and clear waters. After stopping for lunch in St Helens we’ll head inland to see the giant tree ferns at St Columba Falls. Arriving in Launceston, we’ll visit the stunning Cataract Gorge and look for wallabies, before settling into our accommodations.
CRADLE MOUNTAIN TO STRAHAN
The alpine landscapes within Cradle Mountain National Park are a hiker’s dream come true. Choose a challenging walk to Marion’s Lookout or enjoy the less strenuous loop around glacial-carved Dove Lake. We’ll then look for wombats at Ronny Creek. Tonight’s destination is the picturesque harbourside village of Strahan, gateway to the rainforests of the World Heritage Area.
First, we’ll take you to discover the natural beauty of the temperate Tarkine Rainforest/takayna where we’ll hike to Tasmania’s highest waterfall, Montezuma Falls. At the coast we’ll explore the expansive Henty Sand Dunes. Or today you can choose to join an optional cruise on the magical Gordon River (own cost). Later in the afternoon, we can breathe the world’s freshest air at Ocean Beach. Back in Strahan, our guide can help you search for platypus.
STRAHAN TO HOBART
Our journey through the Western Wilds eventually leads us back to Hobart. Along the way we’ll stop at Queenstown to glimpse Tassie’s mining history before traversing the Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park. You’ll stand on the shores of Australia’s deepest freshwater lake, Lake St Clair. At Mt Field National Park we’ll walk among some of the world’s tallest flowering trees and admire the wonderful Russell Falls before completing your tour of Tasmania/lutruwita this afternoon.
How active is this tour?
- The walking in Tasmania is world-class, and we’ve selected beautiful walking experiences for our guests (we include many of the 60-great-short-walks of Tasmania)
- Some walks are guided, while others are unguided (free walking)
- In many locations there is a choice between an easier or more advanced option
- Essentially, you can make this as active or as easy as you like; all walks are optional and range from 20 minutes up to 4 hours
Gallery – Tassie 5 Tour
Twin / Double
Twin / Double
This tour offers Hostel and Motel style accommodation options.
- Motel style accommodations are based on private rooms with ensuite facilities
- If booking Twin or Double accommodation options, a minimum of 2 persons is required. We are unable to match up single travellers into a Twin share option
- Hostel Dorm style accommodation is based on same gender dormitory rooms with shared same-gender bathrooms. Own toiletries and towels are required
- Hostel Twin/Double and Single rooms have shared same-gender bathrooms