Port Arthur Tour
Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Listed Port Arthur Historic Site, with some of the best examples of convict history in the world, and discover the beautiful coastline and formations of the Tasman Peninsula.
- Port Arthur Historic Site Entry Ticket
- Guided Walk and Harbour Cruise
- Richmond, Pirates Bay Lookout, Tasman Arch, Devil’s Kitchen and Blowhole
- Hostel & Motel pick up and drop off
- from $135pp
- 1 Day
Explore Tasmania’s ruthless convict past at the World Heritage listed Port Arthur Historic Site and experience the beautiful coastline of the Tasman Peninsula.
We start the day at Richmond, Australia’s best-preserved colonial village, before we head south to the Tasman Peninsula and visit the Tasman National Park for some amazing views of the rugged coastline.
Arriving at Port Arthur Historic Site we discover the story of this convict settlement and the chilling realities of life as a prisoner amid the preserved gaol ruins. At the historic site we join a guided tour, take a harbour cruise and have plenty of time left to explore. On our way back to Hobart we’ll stop by the remarkable natural features of Tasman Arch, Devils Kitchen and the Blowhole.
Starts: Hobart 7.30am
Finishes: Hobart 5.30pm
• Richmond Village
• Pirates Bay lookout
• Port Arthur Historic Site guided tour & harbour cruise
• Tasman Arch & Devils Kitchen
What to bring:
• Drink bottle
• Comfortable trail walking shoes
• Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
• Clothes to suit conditions (layers are a good idea)
• Waterproof jacket (just in case)
Photo credits: Tourism Tasmania with: Luke Tscharke